Every year, I think of the cutest ideas for stockings, Easter baskets, birthdays, etc. and when the time comes, I totally blank and find myself rushing the last minute to look up what to put in my kids’ Easter baskets. I thought I’d write up a little post with ideas if you’re stuck in the same rut!
I like to do a little mix of practical items, fun items, meaningful religious items & of course a little bit of candy, too! Here’s a list of some of my favorites:
- Crayola Color Bath Dropz – We live for color baths over here! Like…they can turn the whole day around and keep them in the bath playing forever.
- Melissa & Doug Water Wows – Any water wows are great for Easter baskets, but this Jesus one is perfect!
- Melissa & Doug Reusable Sticker Pads – Gotta love reusable stickers for toddlers. Here is a Bible Story one I love!
- Sidewalk Chalk – This is a great time to load up on some summer activities that you may have used up from the year before like chalk and bubbles!
- Kinetic Sand – An amazing sensory bin activity! Keeps them entertained FOREVER, just trust me. If you have any little toy construction trucks they are perfect for this.
- Water Beads – Another magical sensory activity that keeps them entertained for so long.
- Crayons – Here are some Egg-shaped ones. I get mine at Dollar Tree!
- Coloring Books – I think the Brother Francis ones are SO cute! There’s an Easter one, Mass, Mysteries of the Rosary and a few Saints ones, too! I also have been eyeing the Day by Day Coloring Book of Saints. It’s more pricey, but I’d love to have these to photocopy and use for many years to come.
- Gardening Tools – Great for a “New Life” theme. Here’s a real set and here’s a play set.
- Butterfly Kit – Another great visual of this “New Life”/”Resurrection” theme! I think this is such a fun idea.
- Kid’s Bracelets from Be Rooted Bead Co’s Spring Collection (The XS size!)
- Dollar Tree Items – I love going to see what little fun seasonal things they have as Easter Basket Stuffers at Dollar Tree. If you go early they have so many cute things and great little candies. I always pick up a couple of Hot Wheels cars, stickers, some fresh crayons or markers, play dough, coloring books, Easter eggs, chocolate crosses, Easter Basket grass etc.
- Swimsuits – They will need these soon for summer so we do swimsuits every year for Easter!
- Shoes – If they’re starting to grow out of their shoes, this is a great time to fill their basket with a need. Water shoes are a great idea, too! My all time favorite toddler shoes are Natives. They’re great year round, but especially for summer since they double as water shoes and every day play shoes! I hate always having to remember little kid socks so I will only ever buy Natives for the first many years.
- Rain Boots – Perfect to splash in puddles in springtime and play in mud outside.
- Jammies – A lot of people do jammies for Stockings, but jammies for easter are fun too.
- Snack Cups – These are amazing because the top can’t fly off like other ones and they are collapsible!! Amazing.
- Water Bottles – I love the Contigo bottles for Toddlers and the Kids Hydroflasks. A cheaper option that people love are the Simple Modern Ones that are just like the hydro flasks. If you want to be even more extra, I love getting cute Vinyl Labels from Etsy with their names on them to stick on and make them extra special.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible – I am obsessed with this little Bible. It’s not specifically Catholic, but Jesus is at the center of every story and my son stays so engaged and always wants to read more because it is at his level. I love how it makes Jesus and the story of salvation accessible to him.
- Where Is Jesus Hidden? Book – I just bought this today for my three year old’s basket! It looks so good.
- Saintly Rhymes for Modern Times Book
- You Were Born to Be A Saint Book from Studio Senn
- The Garden, The Curtain and The Cross Book
- Peter Rabbit Collection – Not religious, but great books for little ones and a classic collection to have in your library. Here’s a small Easter-basket-sized version. We have The Peter Rabbit Library and love it.
- We are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines (Perfect for if you do a “New Life” theme with gardening tools, watering can, seeds, etc!)
- Lily Lolek: Future Saint Book
- Our Favorite Small Board Books – Kiddie Cat, Cloud of Witnesses: A Child’s First Book of Saints, The Saints Are Watching Over Me, Light of Sunday Catholic Treasury, Glory Be Saints from A to Z, God’s Glorious Girl, A Missal for Toddlers,
- God the Father and the Best Day Ever Book
- Seek and Find Bible Book
- Resurrection Eggs – My SIL got these for Joshua last year and I love how they tell the story of Easter with physical items they can hold and play with along with the story.
- Wee Believers My Little Catholic Church Magnet Set
- Chews Life Rosary or Our Lady of Guadalupe Teether
- Almond Rod Toys Saint Blocks – Our babies loved to hold and play with these!
- Abundance of Grace Prints Catholic Kids Sticker Sheets and Catholic Children’s Prayer Cards
- Shining Light Dolls: They have little Dolls, Plush Dolls, and Puzzles and Games
- St. Joseph Doll from Be A Heart – Who isn’t swooning over these Mary and Joseph doll’s?
What are you putting in your Easter baskets this year? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
Untold Joy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.