Father’s Day is right around the corner and I don’t know about you, but these days always sneak up on me! My husband sacrifices for our family day in and day out and I want to make sure that he feels loved, appreciated and celebrated on Father’s Day. But thinking of ideas can sometimes drive me crazy! So to help a sister out, I’ve got a list of ideas for you!
Men are easy to shop for in some sense, because they are usually more forward than us and don’t just hope that we read their minds (…oops!) They are so hard to shop for at the same time, so to help you out I asked some of the greatest husbands and fathers I know what they really wanted for Father’s Day to feel celebrated and appreciated, and compiled it in a list below. There are ideas for acts of service, free gifts and all types of gifts depending on your guy’s hobbies and interests.
I consulted my husband a lot on this list, and I want to make sure to share his advice on the matter with you before we begin:
- Get him something for a hobby he has. (smoking, woodworking, camping, fishing, hunting, golf, music)
- Get him something he wants but hasn’t been able to invest in yet.
- Avoid items that they might be super particular about or ask them explicitly/consult a knowledgeable friend on the matter.
Without further adieu, here’s the list!
Acts of Service & Almost Free Gifts
- Leave Sticky Notes around the house affirming him from both you and the kids
- Write a letter or take a videos of you, your kids, and even his friends and family saying how great of a dad he is
- Bring his favorite breakfast in bed – A classic!
- Sending them off to a coffee shop for the morning for some peace & quiet and reflection time
- Send him off to grab a beer with friends
- A Massage (Done by you or a gift card to a massage place)
- A Planned Date Night + Babysitting taken care of
- A trip to go see their friends alone
- Plan with some of his friends’ wives to all get tickets to a sporting event or concert and have them all get a night out!
- A framed photo of him and the kids for the office
- Homemade Coupons! A classic childhood favorite. I would always do coupons for chores, massages, cooking dinner for a night, etc. These are fun to make with your kids and you can think up some great things that are specific to him that he would appreciate!
- A Custom Print from Untold Joy Prints with their favorite quote or the New Father’s Day Prints that are all under $5 (Of course I have to plug the shop!) Just click on the pictures below to shop!
Gifts Any Dad Will Love
- Travel Mug for the commute to the office – We love these Contigo Autoseal ones or the Yeti Rambler. If you want to be really fancy, you can go for the Ember Travel Mug!
- Wireless Headphones – We love either Air Pods or the Jabra Elite ones for working out
- Anything leather – We absolutely love anything from New House Leatherworks. Wallets, keychains, messenger bags, bible covers…you name it!
- A Book he’s been wanting or audiobook credits – You can give an Audible Gift Membership for anywhere from 1 month+
- A pocket book to take notes in – My husband loves the Word. Brand ones with their leather cover
- Tickets to an event that interests him – Sports game for the sports guy, a concert for the music guy, etc.
- Saint Joseph Print from Heart of IESVS Etsy Shop
- A Saint Joseph Print from The Nazareth Company
- A Saint Joseph Statue from House of Joppa
- A beautiful St. Joseph image, such as Joseph the Carpenter by Georges de la Tour
Food & Drink
- Pick up some nice steaks to grill!
- Coffee or Coffee Subscription – Check out Bridging Tables Coffee Subscription, Mystic Monk Coffee and Verso Lalto Coffee Roasters
- Coffee Grinder – We love Burr Grinders!
- A Chemex or French Press or this beautiful pour over from Nazareth Pottery
- A pack of fun craft beer or a bottle of nice bourbon (My husband loves Angels Envy for Whiskey)
- Cocktail Supplies
- Ice Molds for Whiskey
- Whiskey Glasses & A Whiskey Decanter – You can find cool ones on Etsy that are personalized
- A subscription or one time purchase from Butcher Box
- Grill or Smoker – Traegers are awesome and so is Camp Chef
- Grilling Utensils
- A Wifi Grill Thermometer
- A Knife Set for the kitchen
Clothes & Grooming
- Sunglasses – You can never go wrong with Ray Bans! However, these knock offs are extremely similar and only $20.
- A Watch – My husband loves this Fossil Watch or this Casio Sport Watch
- Nice Dress Shoes or a DSW Gift Card (or his favorite shoe store)
- Dress Socks – My husband loves JCREW socks or Uniqlo
- Clarks Chukka Boots
- New Running Shoes & Athletic Socks
- New Dress Shirts – My husband LOVES the Athletic Fit Dress Shirts from State & Liberty. These make a GREAT gift!
- A Suit – My husband likes Jos. A Banks. You could get a gift card here!
- Be Rooted St. Joseph Bracelet
- A Beard Grooming Kit – Catholic Balm Co has really cool beard balm and oil!
- Razor – Go fancy and get this Safety Razor Shaving Kit or get him a subscription to the Dollar Shave Club
- Cologne – Go smell them at a department store so you can choose what your man smells like
- A Toiletries Bag
- Messenger Bag or Briefcase – My husband loves his from New House Leatherworks
- Duffel Bag or Suitcase
- Cufflinks – I think these are cool, you can get his initial on them!
- New underwear – Who doesn’t love some fresh undies?! My husband is obsessed with the Saxx brand. They are more expensive but VERY worth it I hear and a make a great gift.
For the Outdoorsy Guy
- Plan a Father-Son camping trip or a family camping trip and book a campsite! Campsites always go quick, so planning ahead will make sure you get it in if being in the great outdoors is where he feels alive!
- A fire pit for the backyard – You can even have it set up and ready for the end of the day complete with s’mores for him to enjoy a mini camping experience with the kiddos!
- Camping Chairs – More of these are never a bad idea! We love these.
- A YETI Cooler – Either the classic Tundra cooler or the Hopper Soft Cooler
- A Hydroflask Water Bottle
- A Pocket Knife
- Fishing or Hunting Gear
- Camping Gear – Like a nice sub-zero sleeping bag, a new tent or a portable propane camping grill
- Anything from the Huckberry website is always a hit for my husband!
- Be on the lookout of the launch of Rewild Gear for quality outdoor gear!
For the Handyman
- Home Depot or Lowes gift card – Send him off to one of these stores for the morning and tell him he can’t come back until he gets something he’s excited about working on/with!
- A Drill (and an impact driver if you really love him) – My husband recommends this Dewalt one
- A Shop Vac (This is what my husband asked me for)
- Work gloves
- A flood light for the garage to do projects after bedtime
- Any tools he’s been needing or wanting
- Garage organization – Like this wall rack, these shelves or this overhead storage if you’re tight on space and want to free some up for him to be able to create!
For the Sports Guy
- Surprise him with tickets to a game with the kids or plan with his friends’ wives to go in together and let the men enjoy a night off together at a game!
- Send him off to golf for a day with friends
- A Jersey of their favorite team
- A Polo of their favorite team
- A Cornhole Set for the yard
- A new Football, Soccerball, Volleyball, Golf Balls…any gear for his favorite sport to play!
So there you have it!! I’d love to hear your favorite gifts to give for Father’s Day down below in the comments. It’s always helpful to share so everyone can get some good ideas in time for the big day.
Let’s go celebrate those amazing men in our life!
Untold Joy is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.